People With Disabilities
Americans With Disabilities Act ParaTransit
- Is complementary paratransit mobility service provided by RTP to people living in, or visiting, the Greater Portland area who are prevented by a disability from utilizing fixed-route bus service.
- Provides an equivalent accessible option to people who are unable to use the fixed-route bus services of METRO or South Portland Bus Service because of disability. RTP provides ADAPT rides, from origin to destination, within ¾ miles of the fixed bus routes running in Portland, South Portland, Falmouth, and Westbrook. The paratransit service runs on all days and hours that the fixed-route bus service operates. It is important to keep in mind that RTP’s ADA Paratransit service complements the fixed route system. T
- MMobility services are accessed by completing an ADA Application
and being certified through RTP, or if you are visiting from another area, by providing RTP with documentation of ADA certification from a transportation service in another area of the country.
- RTP’s paratransit service matches exactly the days of the week and hours of service for the METRO and the South Portland Bus Service.
Who should apply ?
- People who are unable to use the fixed-route public bus services because of barrier like steep stairs, busy intersections, hills, lack of curb cuts, lack of sidewalks, unavailability of a lift on a public bus, weather-related heat or cold, difficulty traveling alone and/or recognizing new destinations.
- People with mobility impairments due to visual limitations, arthritis, spinal cord injury, or other physical and/or cognitive limitations that are a barrier to using fixed route services.
CALL RTP FOR MORE INFO: 207-774-2666 or 1-800-244-0704