Meet the Lakes Region Explorer
The Lakes Region Bus is now the Lakes Region Explorer and has an expanded route that includes Bridgton! Click here to view the schedule.
RTP has been working closely with the Greater Portland Council of Governments (GPCOG), Maine Department of Transportation and the Public Health Program at the Opportunity Alliance (TOA) to increase the convenience and sustainability of this valuable service for the Lakes Region community.
A survey of over 400 Lakes Region residents, conducted by GPCOG and TOA this spring, indicated strong support for the service. One in six respondents noted that the lack of a vehicle, or reliable access to transportation, can be a barrier to employment for them. To read the full report on the survey, visit http://www.gpcog.org/transportation-land-use/transit/lakesregionbus/
Bus Stops: Additional Stops Start 8/17/15!
- Bridgton: Bridgton Community Center, 15 Depot Street – Parking
Naples: Lake Region High School, 1877 Roosevelt Trail – Request stop, no parking available
Naples: Naples Village Library, 940 Roosevelt Trail – Request stop, no parking available
- Naples: Naples American Legion, 26 Casco Road – Parking
- Casco: South Casco Fire Station, 20 Brown Ave. - Parking
- Raymond: Raymond Sunset Variety, 1337 Roosevelt Trail – Parking
- Windham: North Windham Shopping Center, Hannaford Entrance, 797 Roosevelt Trail – Parking
- Windham: Time4Printing/Brookhaven Dr. – Southbound: Time4Printing, 588 Roosevelt Trail and Northbound: Corner of Route 302 and Brookhaven Dr. – Request stop, no parking available
- Westbrook: Prides Corner, 13 Elmwood Ave. (302 Discount and Pride’s Corner Flea Market) – Parking
- Portland: USM/Forest Ave. – Southbound: 330 Forest Ave, in front of Distinctive Tile and Northbound: At the Metro Stop, in front of Back Bay Cycles, 333 Forest Ave. – Request stop, no parking available
- Portland: Elm Street Pulse, Metro Bus Station, 21 Elm Street – Parking
ATTENTION: The Lakes Region Explorer no longer stops at Casco-Norm’s O Scale Trains, 41 Roosevelt Trail
- One-Way Trip: $3
- Seniors 65+ and Students (with ID): $2
- Children 5 and Under: Free with paying adult
Free Transfers to Portland and South Portland Buses
- Transfers must be used on the same day, on the next available bus going to your destination.
- If you are transferring from a METRO/SPBS bus to the Lakes Region Explorer, the fare is only $1.50 with a METRO or South Portland City Bus Service transfer ticket.
- 10-Ride Pass: $25
- Monthly Pass: $50
- Single Ride: $3
Passes can be purchased from the bus driver and at the RTP office (127 St. John Street Portland). Cash, check and money order only.
Free parking is available to bus riders at the following stops: Naples, Raymond, Windham & Westbrook. More stops will offer parking starting 8/17!
Be On Time to Board
In order to help us stay on schedule, we encourage all riders to make sure they are at their stop 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time. This will help ensure that you do not miss your ride and help us to board at each stop in a timely manner.
The bus is accessible. It is equipped with a passenger lift that can be used by persons with wheelchairs, walkers or persons with disabilities, that may require on-boarding assistance. Space is provided on each bus for two persons in wheelchairs.
Bike Racks on Bus
The Lakes Region Bus has a bike rack that can accommodate two bikes. Click here to see a video on how to load your bike on the bus.
No Holiday Service
The Lakes Region Explorer does not run on the following holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Patriots Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans’ Day, Thanksgiving & the Friday after, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
RTP provides safe service during typical Maine weather conditions, but if the weather is severe, change in service will be posted on our Facebook page, WCSH6.com & 13 or you can call 774-2666
Questions and Comments
We value your feedback! Please contact Belinda Hutchinson at firstname.lastname@example.org